User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Post bad feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post bad feedback?

I'm new here so i don't know if I should. I had posted in someone's thread about what I made with my old combo before I demodded my car and a member on here pm'd me and asked if I wanted to sell a part. I said I hadn't thought about it because I didn't know if one day I might want to remodify it, I loved the combo, but a very close friend of mine had passed away in a stupid street racing wreck so it scarred me and I demodded the car. I thought about it for a day or so and since I had a business trip coming up to NYC and my significant other's birthday was today I might as well get some extra cash and buy her something really nice. So I said ok, make an offer, and he told me to say how much I would take for it. I gave him a price and he agreed and said he was waiting on an echeck to clear in a few days from his sale. I went ahead and bought the present and spent prolly a little more than I should have, but the money I was making from selling that part would more than cover it and I would have rent easily..Well starting two days after I got back from my trip the guy starts to ignore me. I start panicing and keep asking him whats going on. I was late to work one day because he wanted me to go outside and take pics with the heads and his name on a sheet of paper which I didn't mind because I am a very new member and i did. So then I had to figure out why he was ignoring me. I kept asking for a simple no if he didn't want them so i could try and figure something lese out, but he ignored me until I offered him a way better deal, he then asks for my bank account number, routing number, name and address, i give it to him because he says he will wire me the money....Well, he then asked for my number after he ignored me a few more messages and I had to offer him a better deal. I gave it to him and asked that he call me so we can get this squared away, rent was due within 2 days. He finally agrees that he will just western union wire it and ask me to overnight a set of heads, which was going to cost a lot of $$$, but I was in desperation by this time and I really needed the cash just to cover rent and so I agreed. Well here it is today and he has yet to reply to my messages, I am going to have to pay a $50 late charge for rent and will not get my deposit back because this duplex only releases the deposit back if the house is in same condition and rent is paid on time every month. Should I post bad feedback on him or does it matter? I don't want him to put someone else in the same situation he has put me into...Any help would be appreciated, and his name will not be named yet.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moving to support...
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Veteran

You gave someone your private banking information without knowing who they are?
I suggest you close that account and open a new one. Scammers can print up checks with that information or use it many ways and clean out your account. Never ever give that information to anyone you do not know, paypal is the method of payment because it can be protection against things like this. Banks do not protect you, you will owe them if your account goes into overdraft.

Second...you should always have the money in your account before you spend it. Don't count on someone else to send money, now you know why.

As for the member there isn't much we can do at this point, he only asked if you would sell parts and there are no rules saying he has to buy them.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

PAYPAL PAYPAL PAYPAL PAYPAL, that was ignorant
Old 02-28-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Checking further it was your mistake. You mentioned it then put enough posts up in 16 days to qualify to sell parts.

Sounds fishy
Old 02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Banned

So it's a bad thing to use this site and make comments as thousands do on a daily basis? Not really a smart thing to do to give out my bank account number and such if I were doing anything "fishy" either JK, I see where you are coming from and I will see about closing that account and opening another one immediately, thanks for heads up GEARHEAD.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Veteran

We watch for those that hit 50 in a very short time span, one liner comments are frowned upon until you have had six months or 50 posts. That is what I was referring to as being 'fishy'. It goes for all new members to reduce rip off issues.

Never give out any personal information over the phone or through email to someone who says they are with your bank, credit card company, cell phones, ect. If they ask for that information tell them you are busy and will call them back, then go look for their phone number on your account with them and call back to see if it is legit. The IRS *never* calls people by phone to verify personal information - this year it's gotten to be a huge scam.

Identity theft is a really bad hole to fall into.

Until you open a new account with your bank keep checking their online site to see if any checks are being cashed that you didn't write. The longer you wait, the more time someone can print a check and give it to any merchant in person or over the phone.

Quick Reply: Post bad feedback?