Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I need help finding the right tire.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help finding the right tire.

I am getting 18in. by 9.5in wheels. The tires must be 275, preferably Z-rated. However I am having difficulty deciding on what tire I should purchase. I live in northern Jersey so getting caught in light snow is a possibility. I was hoping to find an all season tire, or a summer tire that isn't absolutely atrocious if the weather is cold and wet, with the potential for patchy ice/snow spots on the road. The car has an A4 tranny.

The shop I am having mount the tires wants to put on Falken FK 452's but I do not agree with their idea.

I was leaning on the Eagle F1 All-Season but I want to see what ls1tech's opinions of how good the tires are.
Another option was the Eagle F1 GS-D3 but from what I've heard thus far is that tire cannot take the cold/wet potentially light snow or icy conditions.
Bridgestone's Potenza RE960AS Pole Position may be a good candidate too.

I know when I talk to my tire guy again there is always that chance beyond what he is giving advice that he is also trying to push a tire that may not necessarily be what I need. That's where you guys come in.

Last edited by staples; 03-05-2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-05-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recently got the Falken 452's and they are okay for both dry and wet traction. Snow is going to be a problem with almost any tire in our cars (I live in Southern Jersey). Why must it be 275? You could probably go a little wider with a 9.5" wheel.