Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Palm OBDII Scanner----LS1M Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Palm OBDII Scanner----LS1M Review

Well, as promised I will offer my opinon of this new Palm Based Scanner/logger.

After meeting up with Nuzee at the track last night and talking, it came time for me to try out the LS1M. I have never personally used A-tap, or Ease etc...but watched as my friend hooked Atap up on my car for logging. I have also never used a Palm before and only glanced, or flipped thru the pages of instruction.

Nuzee started the program up and got me logging the IPW (injector pulse width), I was looking into duty cycle as it is already programmed to auto calculate this, but asked for IPW instead. Anyway, a moment later I am heading to the line, a ill burnout and press the logging/start stop button. Lights dropped and loggin was underway. Easy enough for me. After run, stop the log w/ a single button press and then using the shortcut tabs and stylus pen, save the log, and restore it for review. In 12seconds, it monitored 288 glances of the IPW both banks. I have no idea whats good and bad so cant tell you. But made a few more runs, this time, I set it up for IDC, also monitored rpm, ipw, idc and timing etc...at 330ms refresh rate. It sampled again an **** load of times. Flipped thru and seen that at 5016rpms, I was at 80.15%IDC on bank 1, and 77.8% on bank 2. I spin the engine to 6300 during a run so, I think i need new injectors...Anyway, i messed around a little more and noted how easy it was to setup custom pages for monitoring and the fact you dont have this 10min set up time or anything. Simple plug it in, start the LS1M, maybe a half a minute later you can either setup a new page or select one already made and be logging. Unless you just want to monitor then it is quicker. BTW, the batteries were dyig thats why i couldnt monitor the rest of the IDC run and find out what my max duty is.

Now the Palm is a little gadget and it is easy to press the wrong button...especially when you use a fat finger instead of the supplied stylus pen *ooops*. But it is this same feature, the size that makes this a nice handy tool. I cannot comment about how much time you can save or anything, but there were already a few logs on it and I added some myself.

All in all I will be ordering within a short time period for myself and I believe a few of my friends. Besides you can still use it as a PDA, and program the new NX Maximizer with it too!!!

Thanks nuzee.

Charlie.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:50 PM
11 Second Club

Default Re: Palm OBDII Scanner----LS1M Review

CAT3,
I'm glad you had a chance to try it out for yourself and see what it can do. For me, logging runs at the track is to distracting. I see a mustang line up against me & my concentration is only focused on the mustang... then I forget to hit the log button...lol!

I have been trying to maintain a fair & objective perspective on this scanner/logger. Usually guys who spend the $$ will paint a perfect picture of the product they bought only to make them feel good about it or justify buying it. That kind of review doesn't help the "community" much. So here are my thoughts:

The tool is powerful enough to answer my tuning questions. I'm looking mainly at power parameters, such as temps, air/fuel ratios, timing, & knock. I can now compare the HPP3 tune vs. stock tune. Before, I had only time slips to use as a guide.

The tool is powerful enough to answer my diagnostic questions. I was wondering if I had lazy O2 sensors, they appear fine (saved me some $ right there). No codes appeared, good. Now I can mod with some knowledge of what areas need improvement. The IAT results showed me that some kind of cold air intake would be beneficial for me.

The tool has some other functions that may eventually be entertaining like the gauge & 0-60 test. The gauge readout is still too small for me. In actuality, the PDA is too small to be viewing while driving.

The only thing that I'm critical about the tool is that if you press the wrong button, you can lose a log. Other than that, this thing is almost idiot proof. In other words, passes the nuzee test, lol!

LS1M Author wants to hear feedback to improve the product. Buyers get all upgrades free. I've already gone thru an upgrade download/install procedure successfully. I have no reason to doubt that LS1M Author will make any improvements that he & the tool is capable of doing.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

where i can buy it
Old 07-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Restricted User

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2423072760
Old 07-30-2003, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club