Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why mount 'noids in engine bay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default why mount 'noids in engine bay?

i really want to hide my system and was thinking about putting the noids right near the bottle in the spare tire area and only having 1 fuel and 1 n20 line going into the engine bay with no noids or anything showing.
so why do people put them there? is there anything wrong with having a short line to the noid and from there have a long line to the intake?
Old 07-20-2003, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: why mount 'noids in engine bay?

well, you can do that with a DRY kit, but not a wet kit.

The old compucar in a bag dry kits are that, a nylon line that feeds the N20 into the intake track.

The reason you do not see the noids at the bottle are, you have a large delay, for when the N20 to go through the line, and into the motor.

For the fuel side, you can not run Fuel inside the vehicle. not safe.

even if you did do fuel, and N20 at the back. , the N20 would hit the motor faster than the Fuel. (1000 psi, vs 58 psi) So you would have a lean dip right away.

You can "hide" the noids, under the front bumper, and just have 2 AN lines going to the motor.

Rya
Old 07-20-2003, 07:06 PM
TECH Veteran

nuff said
Old 07-20-2003, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why not just fabricate some kind of cover for them and mount them closer to the intake. Or modify some FRCs. I think that would be pretty
Old 07-21-2003, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could cut out the bottom of your windshield washer res. and mount them inside there, and run the lines up underneath the air box, drill a hole in the sheet metal and run them with hard lines behind the mas, cut a slit in some small vaccume line and put it over the hard lines, if anybody asks, just tell them its just vaccume lines!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:22 AM
SSU Moderator

wet kit? get a fitting added to the rail and mount the noid back there under the cowl. half the engine is covered...use that to your advantage.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:35 PM
Restricted User

you could cut out the bottom of your windshield washer res. and mount them inside there, and run the lines up underneath the air box, drill a hole in the sheet metal and run them with hard lines behind the mas, cut a slit in some small vaccume line and put it over the hard lines, if anybody asks, just tell them its just vaccume lines!
Yeah, that would work Great! Not only do you jack up your WW fluid res. but then you still have the tell tale fitting off the fuel rail, and a new "Vacuum line" running under your lid, and MAF with another what "custom" 90* nozzle fitting?

Want to hide it? Go dry, or super $$$ custom job. Make the fuel connect in the line before the engine bay, and then someother spy vs spy crap. Maybe plumb the nozzle thru a "vacuum" line inside an EGR tube that get s plumbed right into the top of the intake with a little cusotm bracket to hold the nozzle so it doesnt fly around like a firehose under pressure.

You can make it clean and neat, and not so easy to spot, but unless you get rid of the fuel line tapped off the rail, it is too much to totally hide.

Good-luck.

Charlie.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

where is the fuel rail located? in plain view? i was planning on running propane instead of liquid fuel so i could put a small tank somewhere and run the fuel line from there. i would have no need for the rail.
anyway, thanks for the help guys
Old 07-21-2003, 03:02 PM
9 Second Club

how about you just dont pop your hood? lol
Old 07-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Restricted User

BPTA, open hood, look down at sides of intake, the black skinny-*** tubes sitting ontop of the injectors are the fuel rails. This is what you tap into, the diagnostic/test port at the end of the drivers side rail, for a wet kits fuel supply. I say chrome the solenoids and mount them bad boys right out in the open "Yeah I got Nitrous....wanna race b*tch?" kinda attitude.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your jetting would be way off too I think. By the time you run what is supposed to be say a 150 shot through 14 more feet of line after the solenoid the friction is going to reduce your flow a good bit I would think. It would still work, you would just have to play with it to find what you want. Or just run some BIG solenoids and maybe a -6an line all the way up.

Jeffrey