Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

More question on custm rearmount

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More question on custm rearmount

ok someone help me on all the line for my bov and wastegate its a rear mount and i thought you just drilled a hole on the compressor side of the turbo right befor the intake pipe conector and ran a line to the bottom valve of the wastegate but some ppl say that has to be ran to the breakbooster for refrence along with the bov and the guage ..........someone tell me where all that goes lol.........and what do i do with the pcv ststem and all that and also the same question as before the guy from uti said to relocate the maf sensor to the back with the turbo right after the filter what will that do ....and what does the setupdo if the wate gate is not on its just the whole where the wastegate bolts on .....
Old 03-09-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BOV should run to the brake booster. It should be on the driver's side near the firewall...top of the engine. You can't really miss it. Your BOV should be in the engine part of the piping and just run a line from it to the brake booster.

Wastegate w/ no boost controller should be referenced from the intake somewhere. Best place is probably the line under the TB. You can use it for the reference and the boost gauge.

There are some unique posts out there to set up a catchcan for the PCV system.

I would go for a blow through MAF set up...not a pull through. You can use the MAF to tune the car adequately upto about 550rwhp. Otherwise...look at doing SD tune. At this point, install the MAF into the piping somwhere up towards the engine bay.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, here is a work up I did on my FMIC...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=FMIC

If you scroll down, you can see all the attached pictures. Hope they help.

Also, if you need the long pipe that goes up the driver's side for a NON-Vert, I have one FS.

Quick Reply: More question on custm rearmount