Sponsored by:

tuning problem????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning problem????

lil history on the car first.

It is my lil brothers car. 02 ws6 A4, has all the boltons, headders, cutout, lid, midwest 3000 converter... well we just put Patriot performance stage 2 5.3 heads and a G5x2 cam in it with a new 255 intank and 30# injectors.

Got it out of the shop and it sounds completly bad *** but there isnt any power improvement. My car and his used to be heads up in any race with me on motor. Now when we raced the other night I actually pulled him up to about 130 where we shut it down. we ran severeal times and same outcome. form a dig, from a 40 roll from a 60 roll and from a 75 roll. He had a special program made from Diablo for his programmer but it just doesnt seem to have any power. Does any one have any idea about this??? He is a lil pissed becasue he just spent 3k for a good sounding car that doesnt run any better... Does this sound like the tune is off or a setup problem? He is also getting a p0106 low vacume code and sometimes gets a misfire code. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: tuning problem????

First thing I would check is vacuum leaks at the back of the intake.
Second is what you don't want to hear,get rid of Diablo and have the car proffesionally dyno tuned or buy Edit for your self.
Misfire is fairly normal without much program tinkering.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:34 AM
Teching In

How would I find a leak on the back of the intake?? the ole tube to the ear and listen ??? He is supposed to be getting it dyno tuned at the end of the week. I may try and talk him into looking at ls1 edit. Thanks for your help!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd get ls1edit.....you may be too rich or be getting KR and pulling timing. Ls1edit is the way to go...with atap
Old 07-21-2003, 12:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How would I find a leak on the back of the intake?? the ole tube to the ear and listen ??? He is supposed to be getting it dyno tuned at the end of the week. I may try and talk him into looking at ls1 edit. Thanks for your help!!!
You can try the tube or spray WD40 back there,that should affect idle.Also make sure all the valve breathers are correct.IE hoses attached.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Teching In

cool. I will try the wd-40. and see what it does. thanks again! we are going to hook auto tap up to it and see what it says...