Sponsored by:

heads cam ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default heads cam ???

lil history on the car first.

It is my lil brothers car. 02 ws6 A4, has all the boltons, headders, cutout, lid, midwest 3000 converter... well we just put Patriot performance stage 2 5.3 heads and a G5x2 cam in it with a new 255 intank and 30# injectors.

Got it out of the shop and it sounds completly bad *** but there isnt any power improvement. My car and his used to be heads up in any race with me on motor. Now when we raced the other night I actually pulled him up to about 130 where we shut it down. we ran severeal times and same outcome. form a dig, from a 40 roll from a 60 roll and from a 75 roll. He had a special program made from Diablo for his programmer but it just doesnt seem to have any power. Does any one have any idea about this??? He is a lil pissed becasue he just spent 3k for a good sounding car that doesnt run any better... Does this sound like the tune is off or a setup problem? He is also getting a p0106 low vacume code and sometimes gets a misfire code. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Re: heads cam ???

Locate the nearest dynojet and bring a laptop with Autotap. Sounds like his tuning is wrong. I also do not see the need for 30# injectors for that power level. Stock injectors work fine until you reach about 470 rwhp NA.

Tony
Old 07-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: heads cam ???

Thanks I thought the same thing about the injectors but he didnt wanna listen to his big brother... Yea I haev autotap ahd he is supposed to be getting it dyno tuned this week sometime hopefully!!! Thanks again for the help!