Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fustrated Bleeder

Bled clutch - 1.5 Hours and 1.5 Quarts

No clutch disengagement

Changed to new Master Cylinder....

Bled clutch - 1.5 Hours and 1.5 Quarts

No clutch disengagement

Still cannot shift into any gear!

Read the sticky's....there has to be a real consistant way to cure this problem out there somewhere..
Old 03-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Launching!

ttt...
Old 03-10-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Are you sure the clutch isn't disengaging? I bled my clutch forever thinking I had a clutch problem... turned out that all of the 1-2 slider keys were broken in the T56 so there was no way it was going in either of those gears without crunching hard. A crunched pilot bearing could make it feel like the clutch isn't fully disengaging too.

Also, how are you bleeding it? The last time I did mine, I did the old fashioned pump, hold, crack, close, repeat until I had a few good squirts (took maybe a minute or two?), then hooked up a vacuum pump on the reservoir and left it sitting with 15inhg for about 30 minutes. I made a vacuum bleeding adapter from a big rubber cork from Lowes by drilling a 1/8" hole through it and then pressing a 1/4" stainless tube in the hole.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldnt take that long to bleed... I used a motive power bleeder on mine after bench bleeding the master cylinder. Worked like a charm. But just to be safe, I bled it like 4 times the old fashioned way...

Those air bubbles can be stubborn to get out sometimes...but I would have thought you'd have them out by now with all that bleeding and fluid.

J.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't know if this applies to a clutch MC, but I spent DAYS trying to bleed the brake MC on a streetrod, turned out that the person who installed the MC never bench bled it first. Pulled it out, bench bled it, 10 minutes of brake line bleeding and she was good to go.

Quick Reply: Fustrated Bleeder