LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Built Lt1 Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built Lt1 Advice

I'm going to pull my motor and rebuild it with forged internals, heads, cam, pretty much everything. My goal at the end is to have an engine that will fit perfectly with a vortech or procharger s/c. Any suggestions on crankshaft, pistons, heads, cam or anything? Also, how much boost can a stock LT1 hold?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont go over 6psi to be safe with stock engine and make sure to retard timing acordingly..... and methanol injection wont hurt at all no matter what kinda setup you have.....its actually good for your motor and keeps it clean while keeping your engine from blowing as well if you are running boost without a cooler..... if you need some more info i know a decent amount on this stuff..... i am no engine builder but i know how to go fast! well kinda fast
Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks, ya ive seen some cars on here runnin just 6psi on stock motor. My friend has a vortech on a GT with no intercooler and is just runnin the SNO kit (water/methanol) he hasnt had a problem yet. Your 94 Z doesnt have cam or heads right?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i had stock stuff years ago and was running what you plan on running basicly..... and iw ould go with a vortech S trim, its cheaper than the prochargers and give you 140rwhp with just 5 or 6 psi.... pro chargers are alot more and dont really do anything the vortechs do..... but as far as an engine assembly kit i would go with eagle and srp cause they are some of the best for the money

Quick Reply: Built Lt1 Advice