LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TPIS throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TPIS throttle body

Anyone have any experience with TPIS throttle bodies? I can get a new TPIS 52MM for about the same price as a bored stock but have no idea about the quailty of their parts.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TPiS is a great company and have been around for a very long time, also a sponsor. I'm sure it's a bored stocker like the rest though, but I'd e-mail them. They might be casting their own. They do come with an airfoil, so I'd assume they are GM's. If they made their own I'm sure they'd make it like Holley and BBK.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
TPiS is a great company and have been around for a very long time, also a sponsor. I'm sure it's a bored stocker like the rest though, but I'd e-mail them. They might be casting their own. They do come with an airfoil, so I'd assume they are GM's. If they made their own I'm sure they'd make it like Holley and BBK.
Are you kidding me? Most of there crap has not really been that great. I would go with BBK or AS&M.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 97LT1
Are you kidding me? Most of there crap has not really been that great. I would go with BBK or AS&M.
I live only miles from them, so I hear about them from local people. More-so when I worked much closer to them (well only 7 miles closer). I haven't heard anything bad about them until now.

Quick Reply: TPIS throttle body