Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is NX really a bad company?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is NX really a bad company?

If you look at my post below, Gofast really slamed NX and their product. I just bought this kit, along with the next gen kit, and spent alomost $1000 on it. Now i really dont know what to do. I havnt used it yet because i cant get my solenoids to activate , but it is installed. Does anyone have any ideas? or maybe a place in easten North Carolina where i can dyno mathc the jets? PLEASE HELP!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Is NX really a bad company?

well for starters, NX offers lifetime warranties on all their soleniods. thats why i love them.

now, that aside, be sure and double check the bonehead factor, and try hotwires to the soleniods before we jump the gun on NX. even if they are at fault, those guys will make it right.

as far as jetting the kit goes, jetting is a matter of going with what works to make power, not so much on what a manufacturer suggests. now, im not saying everyone should just go out and start switching jets around, but just because the guys at "joe blow n2o" say it's optimal, dosent mean it's always the best. if everyone did things by the book, no-one would ever be fast. good luck with it, and i hope you enjoy your kit.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NX jets their kits VERY conservative. Most that i have widebanded are very rich

rich = safe = less power

You can run them leaner, and get more power, but at an increased risk of detonation/problems.

For a basic, "thrown on" kit, with no monitoring, of KR and AF, i would play it safe and go with the reccomended jetting.

Putting YOUR car on a Dyno, and running it with a wideband (preferabaly, installed in one of the tailpipe 02 bongs, not the back) and seeing how your car performs with different jetting, will get you the most power.

NX is not a bad company imho. They have a good product line, and a good warranty.
I have had noids replaced/repaired due to stupid users, not defective parts.

Ryan.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

I can't say enough good things about NX. Every kit of theirs I've used has worked as advertised, every time. The lifetime solenoid warranty hooked me too
Old 07-22-2003, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

Hotwires to the solenoids? How do you do that?
Old 07-22-2003, 02:17 PM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

I think he wants you to unhook the wires from the noids and put strait power and ground to them to check and see if they work. If they do then you need to go over your wire job again. If not, call NX and they will fix em or give you new ones.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

;D
Old 07-22-2003, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys... I have leared so much in a matter of 2 weeks......its amazing what you can learn on this site!!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

NX sales department is shady as hell. They've pulled a few cheap scams on me when I bought products from them.

The told me if I spent $3500 (all at once) on their products, I'd get free shipping.

I ordered the products and they charged me shipping even after they told me shipping would be free.

Their customer service fed me the following bullshit:

"Oh, well, free shipping applies only if the $3500 of parts you order are currently in stock at NX. Since $2600 of what you ordered was in stock, and the rest wasn't, you weren't eligible for the free shipping. Since we shipped the in stock parts separately from the out of stock parts, we charged you for full shipping."

If that isn't bullshit I don't know what is. Of course they billed me for the $3500 all at once, but didn't ship it out at once. They never disclosed that to me when I originally asked. They refuse to refund the shipping.

NX=****
Old 07-26-2003, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

I havent heard anything bout NX=****. And there are PLENTY of company's out there with crappy customer service. It doesnt mean their products still cant be the best. Personally i had a mix-up in my kit. The Jets were all wrong. Somone in packing didnt do their job. That happens everywhere. Think about your job. Has any employee ever messed up or even you? Sure they/you have. It's human. I called and the new Jets were shipped out. Now it's all good.
Verbs i do agree that seemes messed up. But in that case just call untill you reach the top. And if they can't satisfy you (more times than not they will) than move on to another company. I wouldnt bash their product for it(fine to bash their customer service).
Old 07-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Well, here's my personal experience. I sent an intake to get the direct port pluming and rails installed. After 3 months I got it back with one set of solenoids on backwards meaning they hit the firewall and wouldn't fit. I sent it back and got it back another two months later, with no jets. They told me it was done the second time after one month. I called every week to see where it was and was told first that it was going out next week then, two weeks in a row, they lost my address. NX may have a good product (I don't know because I still haven't been able to use it yet) but their service sucks.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

WOW! Missing jets or incorrect sizes,customers being mislead,unsatisfactory workmanship and the list goes on and on!

I didn't bash NX just because one day I woke up and figured NX would be the company to bash. Heck I only wish I could be saying everything I have ever purchased from them was great but that is not the case. I'm only giving everyone my experience with there products and the company in general. You are only hearing a few story's that have come to light.

If your having good luck with there stuff that great! But wait till you start to really need serious help with or product support when you start trying to make BIG POWER with there kits. All I can say is double check and triple check what you have and what should go with the kit. Just because the kit has a set of nozzles in the package don't assume that the nozzles are fine always check for complete machining and always don't assume items that are contained in the kits will be fine for your application. One example is the fuel pumps included in some of there kits. Theses pumps do not live long and will die do to heat! NX as a company out sources a big majority of there RD to other companys. I know this because they refered me to the RD company for a new nitrous kit the released to the public and NX was not able to answere the questions I was asking so they gave me the number to call and those guys where really out in left field!

Many people are using NX products because of a few reasons and one is NX has some great marketing working for there company and incomparison to the other nitrous companys NX marketing blows the others in the weeds. The other is anyone and I mean anyone can become a NX dealer/distributor of there products and the percentage off each kit will depend on how many kits you purchase out of the gate. I know because my good friend is dealer for them and I can get there kits at dealer cost. Me and a few other buddies all purchased nitrous kits to help my buddy with his buy in.

Finally just take look at what the majority of the fastest cars are runnig for nitrous kits? It for sure isn't NX. Those of you running 50 shot to 125 shot isn't anything and I don't mean this in a negative way but really that's not ****! I was spraying a stock LT1 200hp shot. Heck a dry kits used on motorcycles without the use of a booster pump are spraying up to 75hp and the computer is picking up the extra fuel. What I'm saying is these tuneups are very safe and conservative on the power. You could possibly go down the track and the fuel pump not even be working and probably not hurt anything in the motor with a tuneup like this. I know because I had a fuel pump lockup and quite without a problem besides the fact of the plugs where extra white but not even enought to melt a plug.

I'm only giving personal experiance and for warning with there products. You have know clue about some of the problems that exist in alot of there nitrous kits that NX allows the consumer to find. They may gaurantee there stuf but they don't gaurantee your motor melting down due to faulty product.

I'm just saying be carefull!
Old 07-27-2003, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

agreed on the missing parts, ect.

I recently purchased a switch panel. and got a wiring terminal kit for a heater.

Why do i need weather pack inserts with a panel that just required 12 .25 female disconnects?

Warranty = good
Packing department = not good.

This was not the first mistake i have seen them make.

But double check all parts prior to install is a good idea too.

I have had better luck then most here with the service department though.

Just for kicks im going to call them about the terminals and see what they do, i know its just a $0.50 worth of parts, but its the principal.

Ryan.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:57 AM
8 Second Club

NX makes a great kit.....just upgraded to their MAF kit....first and only pass on nitrous with this setup was 10.89. It is "underjetted" as I found out at East Side. My "150" jets were more like 100-125 jets.....I will compensate in the future with larger jets. With a little suspension work I hope to shave 2-3 tenths off this time with the same kit.

Just my 2 cents
Conrad
Old 07-28-2003, 05:07 AM
TECH Addict

I can't say that NX=****, but I can say T-N-T rocks!
Old 07-28-2003, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

well NX and TNT use the same selonoids.

The noids are what makes a kit reliable.

The jetting and atomization makes the power.

Ryan.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Pretty much the same story. NX parts are top quality... if you get them all when you buy the kit They made good by shipping the missing hose (the second time I called... evidently it slipped their mind to send it that first time I asked about the missing line), no shipping charge, and sent 2 free t-shirts.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go Fast,
Wow.Every company out there messes up.NOS,TNT,NX,ZEX.Im not saying there are not problems but when you deal with big companys things are going to go wrong.I sell many of types of Nitrous kits.I will say that NX has by far treated me better than any other company.Try to call NOS and get help.As for making power.I run NX and will be on the newest set up.I also travel to many of races and have seen many of fast cars with there systems.Im sorry to hear you have had a problem but I hear these same problems every day with other companys also.It looks like they may have some customer service issues,I dont know. However there kits are top notch.
Dave
Old 07-30-2003, 01:13 AM
TECH Regular

I love my NX MAF kit and unlike mentioned earlier the 150 shot gained me 145.5 rwhp and 184.1 rwtq. I'm not too sure what the bottle pressure was on the dyno pull but that to me is not bad at all.

I have had no problems at all and my kit was complete. I alos bought the GEN-X II upgrade with the kit so I have all of the goodies and I love it.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Verbs i do agree that seemes messed up. But in that case just call untill you reach the top.
Oh, I also have reached the top as well, and they = **** as well. I had people back out of nitrous purchases that me and some buddies went in on as a group, so I tried to get rid of them on ebay. No sooner do I put a nitrous kit on ebay do I get nasty threatening letters from the Mike@Nitrousexpress, who I believe is the president.

He threatened me for breaking the rules of being a dealer, (which I wasn't at the time), and wrote me numerous nasty emails about breaking dealer rules. Even after I explained the situation to him I still got nasty emails....all because I was selling some of his products below his sacred minimum advertised price for dealers.

They also contacted NX distributors in my state and very rudely threatened to cut them off from their products because NX thought they were selling products to me for the purpose of resale below their holy minimum advertised price. NX customer service can act how they want because their products sell, and they know people want to sell their stuff.

NX products are great when the packing department doesn't mess up, but their customer service blows.