Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full manual auto=NO LOCKUP for converter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Full manual auto=NO LOCKUP for converter?

I had another thread but decided to start this new one. I rebuilt my 4L80e trans mission and added full manual valve bodies. It was not full manual before. It has a lockup 3500 vig stall in it. It has had it since I've had this tranny (5k miles or so..). Before the rebuild and subsequent full manual conversion the stall locked up fine on the highway. Now, it will not lockup at all. I called the shop and they said that a stall WILL NOT lockup in a full manual application. Is this true? I had never heard that before and if it is the case well, damn. If this is not the case is there something they could be legitimately misunderstanding or are they just trying to screw with me? Thanks all
Mitchell
Old 03-13-2008, 03:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The stall can lockup but you will need to unplug the two shift solenoids, Make sure the TCC solenoid and MPS are plugged in , Disable shift solenoid codes in tuning , And it should lock up on its own with harness plugged in the trans unless they messed with lockup but assuming they used the transgo conversion this should not be the case.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya it was transgo, thanks a lot performabuilt, I will pass that on to them and see if there is anyway I can save my gas mileage!