LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

daily driven lt1 formula ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default daily driven lt1 formula ???

i haven't played much with the ltx stuff, but there's a kid here in town that doesn't know much about cars, but wants to learn. anyways, he's got a mid 80's vette, with a tbi 350...wants to do an lt1/4 build and swap. it's a manual trans car, and a dialy driver. a nice goal for him would be 400rwhp, and i'm thinking alot of torque (good power off idle if possible), being that it's a street car (and DD). what kind of motor would you put together to meet these goals? he's got a budget of around $6k +/-, but if we can do it for less he won't complain. also, after he gets used to it, depending on the combo we were talking about adding a little shot of n2o, for when he decides to take it to the track, so it would need to hold that.

anyone know where i can find some good solid info on the tbi - ltx swap for this? i'm not new to building motors, cars, or doing swaps...just not much experience with ltx stuff.

TIA,
-wolfy
Old 03-15-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone correct me if I am wrong but as fas as I know the lt1 will bolt rite in a car where a sbc 350 previously was and depending on if you carb the lt is where your goin to get into tricky stuff. also the 400 rwhp seems like its atainable with an electric water pump a full intake a set of longtubes with either a true dual or a cat back type deal. A ported intake heads and cam to match along with 1.6 rockers as well as good lifters and push rods to work with them as well as springs. from what I have been seeing and reading this has put most ltx guys into the 400rwhp area but like I said I am sure some one will correct me.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

well, it's currently tbi fuel injection, but he wants to swap to ltx fuel injection. i'm kinda looking for some info on how to make that swap, as far as wiringand fuel injection, and getting everything to work together in his car.

also just kinda wondering how some of the ltx guys around here are getting to 400rwhp, without making it all top end power.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wolfy
well, it's currently tbi fuel injection, but he wants to swap to ltx fuel injection. i'm kinda looking for some info on how to make that swap, as far as wiringand fuel injection, and getting everything to work together in his car.

also just kinda wondering how some of the ltx guys around here are getting to 400rwhp, without making it all top end power.
Its almost a bolt in process. All you need is a Donor vehicle, the PCM, wiring and a Higher pressure fuel pump. Best bet is to find a wrecked 95 Firebird or Camaro for the swap.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Regular

good to hear. the biggest thing for me is getting all the guages to work...i don't think it'll be a BIG issue, but still a possible headache.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

400rwhp in an Lt1 stock cube is usually a cam bolt ons and decent head work.

Quick Reply: daily driven lt1 formula ???