Sponsored by:

NXL direct port kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NXL direct port kit

Couple questions...

Does the NXL direct port kit allow to spray at lower RPM's?

Will this set-up eliminate backfiring through the intake?

Is it worth getting this set-up for a 150hp shot? I plan on going with a 100hp shot to start off and eventually upgrade the fuel pump and go to 150.

Would I be able to spray a 150 shot on 93 octane gas?

Old 07-23-2003, 11:19 AM
Restricted User

Default Re: NXL direct port kit

1) Yes you can spray at a lower Rpm than the 3k bench mark. You dont have to worry about intake port velocity slowing down and pooling N2O on the dry intakes floor.
2)read above ref: intake backfiring
3)Different opinions, I am going to be spraying 150 for a while, at least until I get the forged bottom end and solid roller setup.
4)If tuned good, yes you can run 150 on 93, but as I do now with my wet kit, I have played with jetting, timing and WOT fuel to achieve proper a/f.

Good-luck and have fun.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

So it's possible to spray at idle...not that you'd want to do something like that?

"I have played with jetting, timing and WOT fuel to achieve proper a/f."

What do you use to adjust timing? Do you have a timing tuner? Also do you have a stock fuel pump running a 150 shot?

A little off topic here...next month I'll be out in hawaii for a day or two...any suggestions on where to stay and go on the main island?

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Restricted User

B-I would not even want to think about an idle shot...wow. I mean you can do that with a wet kit, but....BOOM! I will probably use the new Maximizer and shoot at about 2k, that puts me at launch rpm.

I have a predator for now, and use it for fuel and timing. Still trying to get it tuned since new cam install.

I use a Walbro 340m, and it feeds the beast within. Biggest on stock pump for me was 125, as well my friend also.

You coming to Oahu (Honolulu/ Wiakiki)? If so and you have some time, the track is open Wed/Fri/Sat and I could hook you a ride out there, or show you a few places. Stayig downtown is too rich for my pay, but there are some nice places. Us military have a pretty nice hi-rise on the beach but even then the rates are high (if you already live here) and they take reservations like a year out. But, yeah pm me and I can hook up something for you.

Charlie.