Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Completeing System Monitors

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Completeing System Monitors

I have been trying to complete the system monitors for a few weeks now and still have 3 left. When i reset the monitors cuz of a pending PCM code, it poped back up before all the monitors could complete. The Code had to do with a bank 1 sensor 1 so i replaced the generic O2 with a AC Delco, and seems to be working great and the mil light has turned off. But when i scanned it with Autotap it shows the history P014?? and the Anti Theft Code. At the top it tells you what code is causing the Mil Light to turn on P014??, but the light is not on. Could this be preventing me from completeing the final monitors.

EGR System Monitor
Secondary Air System Monitor
EVAP System Monitor

I know i can smog it if i have 2 incomplete monitors but none seem to be completing...running out of time.

Also at idle i notice that the Idle Sensor says its open 0.4% shouldn't this be 0%. I was going to adjust the idle screw to get 0.0%

Any help would be great.

Thanks In advance!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

By "Idle sensor" are you talking about your IAC count or your TPS position?
I would imagine that it would be a bad thing to have an IAC of 0.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Sorry i ment TPS = 0.4% I have been using this for the drive cycle, the first Accelleration has to be 50% and the second has to be 75%. Thats why i think it should be 0% at idle.

I tested the EGR Desired Position = 13.4 Verses Linear EGR Position = 0 at idle when acceration up a hill EGR Desierd = Linear. Pintel Error majority of the time = -100% From what i have read this is correct.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you know what your current IAC count is? I would think that any changes to the closed end of your throttle travel would be compensated by your IAC. I wouldn't completely rule pintel error out of the equation either.

What does TPS read at WOT?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Teching In

I adjusted the screw on the throttle body and got 0.0 on the TPS. I check the TPS and it goes to 100% so the scale would be 0-100. I reset the monitors with autotap and wanted to see how fast i could get the monitors to test. Within 3 miles all of the monitors passed except for the troublesome three.

EGR Monitor
Evaporative Monitor
Secondary Monitor

I spent about 3 hours tonight doing the drive cycle but nada. I guess i just keep on driving.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have your EGR and evap systems installed? If not and you just have the MIL turned off for them as far as I know you'll never get them to complete their tests. Assuming this is a 99-00 f-body PCM you could always throw an 01-02 PCM in it. The newer motors don't have EGR, so it'd get you down to 2 unfinished tests. BTW, you might have better luck getting an answer to this in the PCM Tuning subforum. Good luck.