Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Baer Brake Gt Kit issue HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Baer Brake Gt Kit issue HELP

Put a set of the baer brakes on my camaro. Stock lower control arms stock upper control arms. Spohn k member. Brakes went on perfect no problems spin the wheel nothing hits anywhere. Take it off the rack and ready for a test spin. The driver lower control arm is hitting the brake rotor how is this possible. The car holds a perfect alignment. Never been hit from what i know at all. Never had any issues. I have qa1 springs and shocks up front. Only odd ball in my car is the fact the k member is lowered about 1/2 inch because of the supercharger that i put on.

My question being why is the lower control arm hitting the rotor what could be my cause. These are made to fit for the specific car.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:42 AM
TECH Addict

Welcome to the Baer GT+ interferance club! I had the exact same problem, along with the fact that the caliper fins hit inside my TTII wheels (that were told to me by Baer to have no problems).

The Baer 2-pc rotors that come in that kit are thicker than stock. My rotors were hitting on the weld that runs around the front nose of the lower control arm. From the factory the welds were rather large with big goobers hanging off. I removed the rotors, ground the welds flush to the control arm nose all the way round - viola! no more hitting.

-Jay-
Old 03-20-2008, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Ya i got a chance to look at it last night. I think im going to solve it with some tubular lowers and see how that works. I dont want to grind the stamp steel piece down. Ill try to remeber to let you know how it went. Sucks cause everything else worked perfect for me.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

I didn't actually grind into the stamped arms themselves just ground the weld on the nose smooth & flush. That was all that was needed - now I have 1/8" clearance.

You're prolly right about the tubular lowers - looks as if the provide more clearance in the ball joint cup. It won't hurt anything structurally to grind the weld smooth & flush if that is all that is needed in your case - if you wanted to install the brakes right now instead of waiting on lower arms.