Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hks Evc

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hks Evc

So I'm seeing different opinions about the HKS vs eBoost and others. I'm just installing turbo and curious to know... does this boil down to individual preference? Are there any feature, setup, use, etc. comparisons? Seems many like the ease of use of the HKS. I'm considering purchasing a 'gently used' HKS @ $500. Is that a decent price?
Old 03-23-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have to say personal preference. Is one better than the other, up to you what you like about the features. I like HKS b/c I had most of my experience in my supra and lexus with them.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

I think the setup on the eBoost2 is a hassle. They take pains to describe the menu structure but you're limited by a few buttons and the display on the gauge... then wondering if you just viewed the parameter or successfully edited it. These controllers would really benefit from a removable flash memory that you could program on a PC.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RW99
I think the setup on the eBoost2 is a hassle. They take pains to describe the menu structure but you're limited by a few buttons and the display on the gauge... then wondering if you just viewed the parameter or successfully edited it. These controllers would really benefit from a removable flash memory that you could program on a PC.
Looking @ your signature, I noticed you have the PTS/PTK. That's what I"m in the process of installing. Are you aware of any instructions available out there? It's a used kit I picked up off of Darren P and all I have is the necessary parts...

Also, do you have anything else done that assisted you hit those numbers? What PSI were you rolling at?
Old 03-24-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Hey, I just read your other PTK post. Darren helped me out with some good info when I had mine done a couple of years ago. I don't know of any instructions for the kit; the guys at Newtech that did the work just kind of felt their way through it... which is necessary, anyway, given how tightly the thing fits.

My setup runs about 11.5 psi (by the eBoost log) on the street, it's an M6 car with a 224/224/114 0.588 cam and AFR 225 72cc heads. Forged LS6 from A&A, compression is probably about 9.5. FAST 78 mm intake, but just because that was what I had on the old motor. I have a pretty big Griffin FMIC, and I use AlkyControl progressive with 100% methanol. Those numbers are on a Dynojet through the T56 and a 9" rear.

I'll keep track of your install thread and try to help out when you have questions. Good luck with it, you'll need a lot of patience. And some kick-*** fans, and a good alternator relocation setup. And maybe some sort of skidplate for the crossover pipe.