Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Swap Cruise Shut Off

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Swap Cruise Shut Off

I want to have the cruise shut off when the clutch is pushed in like it would be stock and was thinking about it last night, can I just splice some wires from the brake pedal to disable the cruise or would that make the brakes light up when the clutch is depressed?

I just don't want to have to hit the brakes everytime before the clutch is depressed

Any info would be appreciated
Old 03-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

When I did my swap there was a small harness that jumped from the brake pedal switch to the clutch pedal switch.
You should just find that wire, all you need to install it is to unplug the wire from the brake pedal switch, plug one end of this harness back into the switch, take the wire you unplugged and plug it into the harness, and then plug the other end of the harness into the clutch pedal switch.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
When I did my swap there was a small harness that jumped from the brake pedal switch to the clutch pedal switch.
You should just find that wire, all you need to install it is to unplug the wire from the brake pedal switch, plug one end of this harness back into the switch, take the wire you unplugged and plug it into the harness, and then plug the other end of the harness into the clutch pedal switch.
I'm kinda lost but I understand, so no splicing just jump the wires across. Are there any side affects to this?

Thanks for the reply
Old 03-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Banned

There should be no side effects as long as you're using an M6 tune in the ecm.

I think the wires are one black and one gray/blk. If you find an M5 or M6 car in a junkyard this wire I'm talking about is only about 3 inches long and has all the terminals on it. I guess you could splice it with plain wire.

Quick Reply: T56 Swap Cruise Shut Off