Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Help/Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Help/Question

Same question after question sorry but im very new to the suspension world. I'm looking into lowering my car a bit. I need to know wants a good suspension to lower my car with. My car exhaust sits kinda low to the ground already and I dont want to rip the damn thing off on these bad *** louisiana roads. I need something not to bouncy and feels good I dont have a ton of money to spend(meaning thousands) but wont a product to perform good. If anybody can give me some addvict I appreciate it. I've read the sticky too.

**click to enlarge picture**
Attached Thumbnails Suspension Help/Question-coke-cards-007.jpg   Suspension Help/Question-trans-am-004.jpg  
Old 03-24-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 00badfnta
Same question after question sorry but im very new to the suspension world. I'm looking into lowering my car a bit. I need to know wants a good suspension to lower my car with. My car exhaust sits kinda low to the ground already and I dont want to rip the damn thing off on these bad *** louisiana roads. I need something not to bouncy and feels good I dont have a ton of money to spend(meaning thousands) but wont a product to perform good. If anybody can give me some addvict I appreciate it. I've read the sticky too.

**click to enlarge picture**
Ill start with the basics here. A "bouncy" suspension is one that does not have enough shock rebound. So if you get some aftermarket springs with your stock shocks your car will be bouncy/rough.
Since you want a smallish drop in your ride height I would suggest you pick up some Koni single adjustable shocks from Stranoparts.com. The front have a lower perch you can use to to drop the front 3/4", and you can use the "heater hose mod"(search if you don't know what it is) in the rear for a 1/2 to 3/4" drop.
This will provide you with a drop and dramatically improve handling and overall feel of the car.
The stock shocks are by far the weakest link in our suspension, and replacing them will gain you the best results in handling and ride comfort.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will that's fine i'll buy the set the suspension and the shocks. I do want some lowerage just not to low where my exhaust rubs on every bump. What's a good place to buy from.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 00badfnta
Will that's fine i'll buy the set the suspension and the shocks. I do want some lowerage just not to low where my exhaust rubs on every bump. What's a good place to buy from.
reread my post.

Quick Reply: Suspension Help/Question