Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Lid vs. K&N FIPK

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Lid vs. K&N FIPK

OK, so I have been reading up on LS1 bolt on modifications (specifically for '02 Camaro's)...just doing a little research for down the road and I have found that the most common (first) mod that is typically done is an SLP lid. I have done a little reading and have found that you can buy the lid by itself (for about $100) or there is a whole SLP induction kit which includes the lid that is around $310. Also, other options include the classic K&N FIPK for around $400. So, what I'm asking is...do you get as good of performance with the lid (and a good filter such as a K&N drop in) as you would with the FIPK? Also, is the whole SLP kit worth it or is the lid all you need? I get the feeling that the best overall upgrade would be the FIPK but the gain over the lid isn't worth the extra $300...is that the case or am I completely wrong?

Also, I have looked at several '02 Camaro LS1 cars and some of them come with the factory SLP package. Do the factory SLP cars come with the SLP induction setup already? Also, how do you tell if the car is infact equipped with the SLP factory parts?

Thanks!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just realized I posted this on the wrong board and can't seem to delete it. Mods, please delete!!! (i'll repost in the correct forum).

Sorry!!!!!!