Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terminator mismatch??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Terminator mismatch??

I've seen pic's of the Terms and the Fast intake were they show a slight mismatch. I personally don't think it's a big deal but with a LS6 intake is there the same mismatch? Or hasn't it been tested for that? Besides the floor of the runner is almost dead flow anyway. That's why big engine shops on those old Pontiac big cheif heads they fill the floor of the runner to increase velocity cause the floor is dead space. So a slight mismatch on those heads still flow 300cfm or close to it with a 200cc runner sounds great. But i was just curious if the LS6 intake matches better?

Den
Old 03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

I just went back to the pic i saw where the mismatch was with the Terminator heads using the Fast intake. It looks like the sides and top of the Term runners are larger than the Fast intake runners. If you look close where you notice the mismatch follow as the heads runners starts to make it's turn up the wall. It appears the Term runner opens up
that's alittle bigger than the Fast intake. I don't think the mismatch is of no concern. People with the Fast if they feel over worried could use the bottom of the Fast as a pattern using a sharpie then carefullly grind the area where the mismatch is.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mismatch IMO, is not a concern. I have witnessed these heads make big time power in a few setups.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dont mean to hijack,but I have a ported fast with 5.3 heads and thought about switching to an aftermarket casting..I know AFR dont have a problem,but other than the terminators what other heads have "mismatch" problems? Trickflo,ETP do they not match up?
Old 03-26-2008, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

That's a good question. Do other heads have a mismatch. But i'm wondering if the heads
are mismatched on a LS6 intake? I really don't care. I would still be interested in the heads. My other choice would be AFR's. They both have similar flow numbers and both would perform very well. But anyone that's worried about it could always port match them.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

can we see pics?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not sure how to show the pic. I have the pic on my pc but can't get it to show up. But if you do a search under " terminator heads " The post starts out with" I have Terminator heads and I love them" Look half way down the page and you'll see the pic of the head and the bottom portion of the Fast intake. Give it a try. Post up what you think. Ooops i spoke too soon here's the pic for ya. It actually appears the intake blocks alittle at the top of the intake runner and alittle on the sides as well. Only the bottom of the runner is blocked. Like i said before there's little flow anyway in that area.
Attached Thumbnails Terminator mismatch??-dscf0394ve1.jpg