Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1- 450bhp at last

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ls1- 450bhp at last

after a few trials and tribulations i finally got my LS1 powered kit car on the dyno again today and made good power. result was 412bhp and 390ft/lb at the hubs on a dynapack system, on uk 95 octane road fuel.

last time there i had fuelling issues, (too lean) and no amount of carb jetting cured it, this infact turned out to be a faulty *(brand new!) aeromotive fuel regulator which was sticking in operation and dropping the carb fuel pressure down.
also i had det, due to the fixed timing pills on the mds /edelbrock box being too far advanced for uk pump fuel.

since then i took some advice from forum users here (thanks!) and got the msd 6010 mappable unit, and it worked a treat.

for anyone interested its a stock ls1 other than a 220/220 cam, comp cam beehive springs/retainers and pushrods. heads/valves etc are bog stock and the engine was a used second hand example . the engine is now dry sumped (ARE kit), without any a/c or p/s accesories etc, plus an underdrive crank pulley is fitted.
inlet is a GM performance carb one, with a BG demon 750cfm carb.

the msd box ended up with circa 30deg total timing on WOT, and the carb was jetted to give 12.8:1 on wot. it idles nicely enough (no choke fitted) but i havent as yet driven the car in anger so thats to come!

thanks to those of you who have helped me on here, particularly mark (predator Z) who i have been bugging for the last year!

Last edited by chris-m; 03-25-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:52 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear it
Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work Chris, time for

Rgds

Jim