Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

widage tray difference??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default widage tray difference??

Is there any difference between a windage tray for a 98 f-body and a tray for a 99-02 f-body. I just put my new one on my 402 last nite (gm part #12558253) with the slp spacers and it all looks good, but my service manual for a 99 shows that the windage tray covers all the main caps, mine covers from the back and leaves the front main and oil pump pick up tube open, is this right?? Also i am assuming that the slp spacers provide the proper clearance for the pick up tube. (that is why i got those) I can see how close the tube is to bottom of the pan, but nothing is hitting. I tightened the lock nuts on the main studs over the windage tray to the factory spec, has anybody ever had an issue with those coming loose, there is not enough thread left after installing the spacers to get the nuts to the locking part. Sorry about so many questions. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i took off my tray from my ls1 and it went on the lq4 perfect no clearence problems or anything....btw the front is open on mine too

Quick Reply: widage tray difference??