LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Granettelli MAF ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Granettelli MAF ??

This will be my MAF ?, on my 97Z i just bought, they installed a GRN-350111 MAF back in 02, i haven't been hearing good things about these or the Hypertech Programmer (which it has also), would it benefit me to do away with the GRN MAF (for a stock unit) & put the Hypertech back to stock settings ?? The car is not completely stock, it has other mods, but i'll be up-grateing too LT PSs & an ory pipe, i don't want this MAF on here if its really a perf. issue, are stock MAFs exspensive? can i get away with a good used one?

Thanks

One more thing, if i disconnect the battery while installing my headers & it happens to sit up a week or so, will it mess up the computer at all ?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

sell the Granettelli one and buy a good used stock maf for like 40-50 bucks on the boards.The only thing the hypertech is reall good for is speedo calibration(for different gears or tire size) fan temp settings and raising the limiter.If you dont need it for any of these reasons sell it too
the hypertech power tuning is **** and will do nothing for you
Old 03-27-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a stock one if you can, TRY to sell the GRN MAF, i know on ebay people don't know better and buy them. Get rid of the hypertech crap after you install longtubes and go to stock MAF...then get the car a mail order tune. Leaving the battery unplugged will not mess up the computer.

My 2 cents

**dammit dave beat me**
Old 03-27-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, thats what i'll do.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:11 AM
TECH Junkie

My friend bought a Granatelli MAF for his 02 WS6, and he just had troubles after troubles, his car was running like **** forever. He would send it off to have it fixed, and put the stock one on, over and over. He called up a shop and they finally broke it to them that Granatelli was **** and to get an SLP. Since he installed his SLP MAF he has had no problems that i'm aware of.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not having any issues with the car, it runs great, maybe he just got a bad MAF, my main concern is this Granatelli hurting HP for any reason, so if i can run faster with a stock unit, thats what i want, along with this Hypertech system, if eliminating it & installing a tuned computer helps HP, that will be my direction.

Quick Reply: Granettelli MAF ??