Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Stock CI and Blower

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock CI and Blower

I have a few questions about building an engine for my car. I currently have a 00 Formula with a Vortech blower w/Aftercooler. The car makes 475/450, and I'm running a stock bottom end. Well, I would like to start to piece together a bottom end, so I can explore more horsepower.

My main concern is to stay stock CI. Not because of money, but because I want to say, I'm making this XXX with just a 346CI. Now, on the same note, I still plan on running the stock heads/cam/and maybe upgrading to the LS6 intake. The car is a road race car, so huge HP is not a big deal, it's just that I want more for when I'm not on the road course, which isn't all that often. Maybe once or twice a year.

Here is kind what my plan was. Please if you have done something like this, please jump in and give suggestions, as I'm just in the planning area.

Crank: LS6
Rods: No idea....I need help with this one.
Pistons: Again, not sure...should I go with a -7cc or higher?

I would like quality parts on both the rods and pistons, so I was thinking Diamond pistons, and Oliver rods, but I'm open to suggestions.

I also, plan on running a 12 or 15 pound pulley with this setup. Which is my main reason for doing such a build.

Again, I know I won't be making the power I could be making if I upgraded the heads, cam and intake. But that's not my goal. I basically just want to make around the 575 or so range. I basically just like the idea of make huge power on stock components and CI, except the internals.

Thanks for any help at all.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:51 PM
FormerVendor

Having done/seen this before, i would suggest re thinking on power adder for the road course.

No only will the 346 be a tad laggy with lower CI, but you will need methanol injection. Having the meth constantly spraying under boost, which will be about 90% of the time, can and will wash the rings out.

We did a car a bit ago, whom road races for 20min intervals twice a week i belive, thus beating the living @!@# out of the car. After about a years worth, it is showing very bad leakdown numbers and does not make the same hp it normally did.

We built a NA monster for it this season.

Road race has its place, and FI should not be mixed in. A proper NA motor will lap a FI car.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The car already has numerous runs via the road course with the blower. Like I said, the car isn't on the course much, so doing this build is mainly just for fun. Why would the car lag because of the blower and stock CI? As the car sits it's stock CI, and makes plenty of power. Would would adding forged components to the internals make anything different? This car will never see alky so that isn't a concern of mine.

Quick Reply: Stock CI and Blower