LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PCM Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Bad?

I have a 96 TA that all of a sudden gave out on me and sputtered to a stop. Dead. I immediately replaced the opti with a new AC delco (after replacing one earlier with an "all-ignition" opti four months prior). I thought this would do the trick, but it didn't. I am getting good spark at the plugs but my injectors are not pulsing at all. The motor turns over but refuses to fire. The prior owner did away with the oil pressure switch so apparently the PCM is tricked into always thinking that it sees at least 4psi. There is actually a pipe plug towards the rear of the intake inserted were the sensor would usually be (with the sensor plug dangling nearby). The "security" light is not luminating or flashing in any way. Can any of you think of a reason why the injectors are not pulsing (they all have 12 volts going t them)? I'm starting to lean towards a bad PCM... any ideas? The fuel pressure at the rail is 42psi.

Just for fun I unplugged the installed opti and plugged in the old opti. With the key in the "on" position, I was turning the opti by hand and you would immediately hear the fuel pump prime and and spark at the coil/plug.