Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Tuners after Head install

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Question for Tuners after Head install

Well I've got my GTP stg. 2+ heads on finally along w/ my Torquer 2. Jason @ TSP did the tune with it cam only.

Now my question, there is a noticeable "lag" from 2200-3100, but after that it wakes up and pulls fairly well, but not like I figured they would. Did the heads alter my tune so much to cause this, or are my heads out flowing my cam? Just want to make sure I didn't make the wrong choice for my head install.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '02 Double U S-6
Well I've got my GTP stg. 2+ heads on finally along w/ my Torquer 2. Jason @ TSP did the tune with it cam only.

Now my question, there is a noticeable "lag" from 2200-3100, but after that it wakes up and pulls fairly well, but not like I figured they would. Did the heads alter my tune so much to cause this, or are my heads out flowing my cam? Just want to make sure I didn't make the wrong choice for my head install.
If im understanding correctly, you had it tuned cam only, then put on heads and have not had it tuned since?

If that is the case, get it tuned ASAP, that lag may very well be a lean or rich condition, hopefully rich..

If it still persists after a good tune, then question the match-up of your parts, but my guess is the tune should correct it.