Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

M/T street radials

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M/T street radials

Has anyone tried the M/T street radials on a c5? got a guy that wants to trade me for my tires because he said they were horrible on his mustang....any opinions?

Thanks guys
Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KING OF THE STREET
Has anyone tried the M/T street radials on a c5? got a guy that wants to trade me for my tires because he said they were horrible on his mustang....any opinions?

Thanks guys
Don't know about a C5, but i'll bet ANYTHING, your buddy didn't run the right pressure in those MT radials, this is very very important with these tires or they won't hook worth ****, i just was at the track last week, a guy i met had a set on a 69 RR, spun/spun/spun, i went over to him & ask what pressure he was running, he said around 28-30 psi , i ashured him that was his problem 100%, i dropped it down to 18 psi, he went from 13.6s to a 12.90 & dropped .3 on his 60fts, he came back & shook my hand , those MT radials are freekin amazing period!!

I ran a set on a 77 SW 440 powered D100, with a 125 shot of juice & a 3400 stall, it hooked big time, that was on the street, if you can get them, get them, you won't regreat it i'll garuantee!!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

hey thanks for the info man....they look AWESOME but havent talked to too many people who have ran them...looks like im getting them this week and then its to the track thiss w/end
Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

i have them on my 98 Z and they are great at the track, like he said run about 18psi of pressure, but be very careful in the rain, i was on the interstate the other day and it all of a sudden came a huge rainstorm, feels like the rear is on ice, luckily it isn't my daily driver or i would have street tires on there