LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals?

Right now I have 2OTL but am planning on getting LTs soon and my car is a firehawk so after I get an ORY I'm pretty sure the exhuast will need to be cut and re-place the cat. I'm thinking of just going LTs to mufflers to dumps. Is there any power advantage and how loud is this? Want it to be somewhat loud but not way to obnoxious. I don't DD my car and hardly ever drive on the interstate. I've put 4,000 miles on it in 4 years so you get the idea. Any help or sound clips appreciated.

Also 2OTL will be for sale. Has a cutout welded into it (manual).
Old 04-02-2008, 12:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go with true duals u will never look back... honestly its hard to explain the sound other then its amazing, i have no sound clips.... im not too sure on performance (it depends on ur hp etc) but they r def lighter!!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Where did you get your x-pipe from? So you just have Lt's right into an x pipe then into mufflers and just let the exhaust stop right after the muffler? this is what I was thinking. Also I was wondering, can you make your own pipes from the LT's to the mufflers? Then just let it come out the muffler? Or do you have to connect the pipes somewhere like an X-pipe or H-pipe?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u dont have to but it gives it better performance and a better sound.... i bought my setupoff a member on camaroz28.com actually... its 3" x-pipe with bullets... i brought it to a exhaust shop and they added some turnouts that turned out right behind the rear tires....
Old 04-02-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have a crossover pipe on my exhaust. it sounds fine while cruising but sounds more raspy at wot than cars ive heard with a h or x pipe.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best bet would be to go with a universal x-pipe. Both Jegs and Summit Racing carry universal x-pipe kits with all the piping and clamps that you'd need. For a 2.5" kit, I think it's about $85, or so. Not really too bad. Then, just get a couple mufflers of your choice and some turndowns. Take it all to an exhaust shop, tell them to put it on, and you're set.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

i built and welded my own true dual system this winter, I got the jegs 3" universal with some dynomax bulletts and 2 turn downs. IMO it sounds awsome does not sound raspy like my car did with the Loudmouth. it is a hell of alot louder in the car now but its not a DD so It wont bother me.