Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Ls1 Removal Question!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Ls1 Removal Question!

So ive read that with f-bodies, people are putting wheels under the rear tires, and using a cherry picker to hoist the body of the car thereby dropping the engine on a cart and rolling it out from under. I like the sound of this since i know goign through the bottom is supposedly easier, and i dont have a lift. Can this be done with the vette chassis? Or should i order the qtp lifting plate now and just do it from the top?
Old 04-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Why are people afraid of taking the motor out the top on a C5??? It's almost as simple as taking an old 350 out of a pickup truck. You do have to pull the rear end out (which also is really easy) and then just pull the motor from the top. I don't see an F-body being that easy due to space under the hood, but the vette is easy. After the first time you'll be able to do it in about 6 hours from start to engine on the stand (first time obviously a little longer).

Derrick
Old 04-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Warning: Bad Trader

dude just disconnect the tunnel section from the back of the motor and take it out through the top its not that hard i have done it before it only took me about 3 hours
Old 04-05-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i agree that pulling it from the top is easy on a C5. The engine isn't tucked under the cowl as bad but you can do it the other way. ~Cole~