General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Overheating problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:40 AM
What's a Sticky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Overheating problem

I've noticed couple times in the past after driving my car and shutting it down I could hear what sounded like air bubbling a little bit in my cooling system. The car never overheated and I never really had time to bleed the system. Last weekend I installed a new intake and injectors. I only drove the car a total of about 20 miles since it needed a tune, and when I got done driving I heard the "bubbling" sound again after driving, but still no overheating. Well, I got my car tuned last night and after some driving I pulled onto the dyno and you could hear it bubbling and my tuner said that there is probably some air in the radiator, just to bleed it out. Well on the way home after the tune the car was fine on the highway, but when I started driving on side streets the car just started overheating really fast. So I pulled over, let it cool, and then made my way home real quick ( I was only a mile or two away) and it started to overheat again just as I pulled into the garage. Well I went and let my car run with the cap off this morning and it ran about 10-15 minutes. I topped everything off and went for a drive, even with a little WOT run, and the car never overheated, but the needle stays right over the 210 mark on the gauge, probably around 220 or so. And when I pull in the driveway I can still hear the bubbling in the radiator. Anybody have any tips as to what I can do? After I let the car run a while the upper radiator hose still wasn't very hot, even though the gauge read 220. And the hose going to the thermostat wasn't warm. After driving, the upper hose was hot and the hose going to the thermostat was still cool. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

BTW, its the stock thermostat as far as I know and the fans are programmed to come on a little earlier.

*Sorry for the long post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you have air in your system. bleed it out see if that helps. I have the same problem and more but i havent bleed the system