Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

window fell off sliders

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default window fell off sliders

my window stopped rolling up today so i took the door panel off

i heard the regulator so i knew that was fine and then saw the window off the sliders.

so i took off the plastic piece and notice a coil spring on the bottom of the door and also another piece that appears to be attached to it.

when i try to pullout the glass it wont come off cuz part of it is still on the sliders

my question is, how can i get it back on the sliders and what is that coil for
Old 04-05-2008, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

serious ****!! That fkn window gave us hell!!
Old 04-06-2008, 01:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Could you snap a couple of pics for us? I can't recall any parts in the window that use a coil spring. Our cars have the habit of coming off the slider part that holds it in place.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:14 AM
FormerVendor

I had a window problem with my 93. What I found is if you close the door by pushing on the window your put pressure on the rivet that holds the window in at the rear. Eventualy the rivet works loose and pops out allowing the window to slide backwards and fall out of the slider. Then the back of the window falls down into the door.

Not sure if this is what happened to you but take a look. I am not sure where there is a spring it was a long time ago.

I used to have to put the slider hald way up, then lift the window up slide it backward and line it up to get back in the slider. If the slider is all the way up or down it won't go back in and can even jamb on the window. If driving with the window cracked 2" or more when accelerating it will slide back again and drop into the door. It has to be all the way up or down to not do it while the rivet is still busted.

If you come to the BBQ today I will show you what I am talking about.

Quick Reply: window fell off sliders