General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help Throttle Sticking Non-driveable

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Help Throttle Sticking Non-driveable

Just had my tranny replaced and put a tci3500 converter in it..Now my throttle is sticking. Its stuck right now so i cant even drive it..It would just stick and then i could pump the gas a few times and it would release and be fine..It isnt a full throttle stick either, probably around 1/4..So it will just rev and stay reving around 3000rpms..But last night it got stuck and now it wont release! Its really weird at one point the motor went down to 200rpms and stayed there for about 15seconds then it shot back up to around 1500..It sounded nasty and it was kinda cutting out like a miss..Something like a MAF sensor might do if it was bad but that wouldnt explain the throttle sticking.. Ive tried pumping the gas to release it and also going under the hood and fiddling with the throttle cable but this hasnt gotten me anywhere..This never happend though before the trans swap..Think i should take it to the guy that worked on it or would that problem be irrelevant to the trans work that was done by him? Also what should i do to trouble shoot this?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are the throttle blades actually sticking open? Is that the problem, and you're looking for the cause, or is it more of an electronic malfunction?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no idea what the problem is..Ill go to where the cable meets up with the throttle body and manually close it and its still reving..But its never stuck in the 1st place..