LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lingenfelter valve springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lingenfelter valve springs

Has anyone used the Lingenfelter valve springs? I would post a link to the website but i don't think they are a sponsor here.
Here is some info:

These valve springs were designed to be used with the Lingenfelter 74211 & 74219 camshaft which are .560 lift hydraulic roller camshafts operating up to 6,500 RPM. We have used these valve springs with Lingenfelter engine builds for 10 years with outstanding durability and excellent valve train control. These valve springs can also be used in other applications including SBC & BBC engines or heavy duty applications and marine use. Sold in sets of 16.

Use with LN0025 Titanium retainers or Competition Cams 730-16 titanium retainers or 740-16 Competition Cams steel retainers. Use with Competition Cams locks 611-16 or 613-16 depending on valves. Spring locators would be GM 10185066.

They are priced at $68.95. Seems like a great deal.

Last edited by RallyBoy; 04-06-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Launching!

anyone??
Old 04-06-2008, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

I saw them on their site and they seamed like a great deal to me! I plan to purchase them for my future "small" cam build. Either gonna run a Hot Cam (free, cause I already have it), a Crane 227, or an LPE cam.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Do you mean to use them on something other than the LPE cam? I would've purchased the springs + 211/219 cam if I did my research before buying my cc cam. I thought the cam was a little more expensive than others, but seeing as one would also need springs, their combo wouldn't be expensive at all.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazyhorses
Do you mean to use them on something other than the LPE cam? .
well, i thought these would be a good upgrade for the springs in the hotcam kit. thinking about getting the kit.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LPE double springs for SBC and BBC engines (and site sponsor)

The LPE double valve springs can support up to about 0.600-0.630" valve lift in Gen I & II SBC V8 engines when used with 0.050" longer than stock valves (like the ones we normally use in our L98/LT1/LT4 packages).

That was the good news. The bad news is that we used to get these springs made for us in batches of 5,000 to 10,000 springs at a time since we used a lot of them on SBC and BBC engines. With the majority of our customers now purchasing Gen III and IV V8 based parts, the volume of traditional SBC and BBC engine parts we sell has decreased significantly making it difficult to justify getting our springs made again in those batch sizes. The reason we were able to sell the springs for such a reasonable price was that we purchased them in such high volume.

We are deciding now if it is worth having these springs made again or if we need to find an alternate, although probably more expensive, spring that can be adapted to our applications.

We will probably have a decision on this in the next week or two. If we get the springs produced again it will probably be at least 6 to 8 weeks before we have them in stock again.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions regarding our SBC/BBC double valve springs.

BTW - Lingenfelter Performance Engineering is a supporting vendor on LS1Tech so you should be able to post links on this forum.

Originally Posted by RallyBoy
Has anyone used the Lingenfelter valve springs? I would post a link to the website but i don't think they are a sponsor here.
Here is some info:

These valve springs were designed to be used with the Lingenfelter 74211 & 74219 camshaft which are .560 lift hydraulic roller camshafts operating up to 6,500 RPM. We have used these valve springs with Lingenfelter engine builds for 10 years with outstanding durability and excellent valve train control. These valve springs can also be used in other applications including SBC & BBC engines or heavy duty applications and marine use. Sold in sets of 16.

Use with LN0025 Titanium retainers or Competition Cams 730-16 titanium retainers or 740-16 Competition Cams steel retainers. Use with Competition Cams locks 611-16 or 613-16 depending on valves. Spring locators would be GM 10185066.

They are priced at $68.95. Seems like a great deal.

Quick Reply: lingenfelter valve springs