LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New Cam Soon

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cam Soon

SO last week i found out i blew my head gasket and the cylinder was pressurizing the coolant jackets and adding extra pressure to my coolant system. so long story short they are gunna have to fix that and while they are gunna have the head off to get milled they are going to change out my cam for a LT4 hot cam kit including the 1.6RR's and that whole speal im sure you guys know plus i ordered the new lifters in a kit. so i already have a SLP CAI and ASP UD pullies, i was wondering what kinda numbers i might expect? i did some research and found some numbers but they varied from car to car and obviously that will always be a factor but i was wondering what a few expereicned LT guys would guess id be putting down at the wheels?

this will be the only mods until i have enough money for the long tubes and a tune. the motor already has 100k miles and i figured i could run this cam with stock heads and maybe throw some nitrous at it until it takes a crap then i plan on going big time h/c swap. with most likely a 383. but that wont be for a while haha.

thx, sry for the long post.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

Don't expect much at all without headers. The cam will be choked significantly... that and I'd go with a bigger cam. That one is quite small. Even with full bolt ons and that you'd be hard pressed to get to 330hp.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The included springs in that kit are OK with the hollow LT4 valves but not with the LT1 so consider new springs.

Consider non-stock head gaskets, the stockers are much thicker than necessary and going thinner is worth compression.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look into the speed inc caddilac cam...Idles like stock etc and works with stock headers..

Do a search and you must call and ask about this cam
Old 04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

Well Thanks Everyone. Not So Much The Answers I Was Wanting To Hear, But None The Less More Than 0 Thanks!

Quick Reply: New Cam Soon