Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally getting ready to take the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally getting ready to take the plunge

After a year of deciding between getting a CAM (as many choices as there are ******** in the world) or Nitrous (wet or dry) I called one of our sponsors and without hesitation he recommended a Torquer V2 and LT headers over nitrous. I will follow his advice so I will do the CAM. But, I am stumped on which LSA I should get? 112, 113, or 114? I don't want my idle to be too rough but I don't want to have to wind my engine too high before the power comes on. According to TSP specs the T2 makes good power starting at 1800 but there was a recent post that was complaining that the T2 didn't start making good power until 3000+ RPM. Now I'm even more confused. Help please.

My next question is that I also plan on adding a small 75-100 wet shot of nitrous sometime down the road. Is this CAM good with nitrous? Should I go ahead and get upgraded injectors as well while my CAM is getting installed? If so, which ones? 36, 42? What about my fuel pump? Will my stock one handle CAM/LT + 100 wet shot? The sponsor that I mentioned earlier told me that he definitely recommends wet over dry nitrous kits so are larger injectors and/or upgraded fuel pump really necessary? I have about 2-3 weeks before my CAM is installed so any help will definitely be appreciated. Thanks.