Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comin home on leave soon, would like new toys waiting.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Comin home on leave soon, would like new toys waiting.

Been quite hesitant on buying a cam for awhile fearing making a mistake on going to big or two small. Now that im at the naval submarine base in ct the car is no longer a daily driver. Im a e1 so the pay is no great but i have set 2k aside for the car since i will be coming home on leave soon. The car is a 99has longtubes duals 410s and ported throttle body, was wondering if the futural f14 would be a good decisions i know its not the best ? but wanted to ask just want to get a cam that wont cause alot of trouble down the road i dont wanna come back from leave and the car be down when i have such short time in town. One more question would 2k be enough to not cut corners i was wanting the double roller chain ported oil pump and maybe a ls6 intake and anything else i might need such as lifters. would that have a chance in my budget, i would love to look this all up on my own but with being in subschool my internet time is limited. thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you doing the work or paying someone else?

Bill
Old 04-20-2008, 11:51 AM

If you are having someone do it. PM Slowhawk on here, he is in MA, and is probably the best tunner in New England. Probably a 1 1/2 hour from the sub base if that. or PM me and I will give you his #. $2K is enough to have the cam installed and tunned. Don (slowhawk) works out of Dez Racing in Seakonk MA. A little closer to the base too.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:52 AM

Or are you having this done in TX?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Teching In

were doing it in texas, we will be doing are own work. Real thing is to find the right cam now and make sure i dont cut corners keep debating with the 224 cam just dont want to be dissapointed it may be to small since i wont get to drive the car to often