Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

shipping to great lakes monday the 28th

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default shipping to great lakes monday the 28th

i leave for basic training monday and i'm a bit nervous. i will be a hospital corpsman, and they swear on their mothers' graves that if i pick blue side i dont go with the marines, but ya never know. although they treat corpsmen like gods, i'm not quite sure i'm ready to go with the marines and be shot at.

Last edited by rumblebox; 04-22-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go fmf if you can! sometimes i regret being an air force medic and would rather be out there actually doing the job im trained to do.

good luck with basic training!!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Tenured Member

if i were you id go fmf youll have more fun then you can imagine. All th3e corpsmen who know there **** get treated very well in my unit. You dont always get shot at too, we havent been shot at once so far in this deployment well at least my team hasnt yet. And just think of it this way youll be part of the few navy guys that can wear the ega on your uniform. And your a lot less likely to get stuck on a boat your whole contract.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

While in GL, make sure you hit up the Anchor on any givin friday... Ciral, the crazy russian mobster owner, is a great guy, and knows how to keep em flowing. Not to mention all the Corpse ******, AKA female corpsemen will be there getting drunk, and naked, and primed to take home someone. Ask me how I know. GL is a good time. PM me when your done with Basic, and I could scoop ya up and show you around out here.

And if your froggy, do what I did, and work at the place. It helps pay for binge drinking... If your not of age, then dismiss this. But I know a few places here that go by the mantra old enough to serve our country, then your old enough to be served....
Old 04-27-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck up there. Its been about a year and a half since i got outta that place. Boot isn't bad at all. You will be up for a couple days straight, but that is the worst part of when you get there. And just to let you know, I believe it is something like 80% go FMF these days especially. Oh, and try to get a "job" in Boot. If you can get laundry, you are almost garaunteed to get advanced, unless you are already going in as E-3
Old 04-27-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the encouragement and advice guys.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
While in GL, make sure you hit up the Anchor on any givin friday... Ciral, the crazy russian mobster owner, is a great guy, and knows how to keep em flowing. Not to mention all the Corpse ******, AKA female corpsemen will be there getting drunk, and naked, and primed to take home someone. Ask me how I know. GL is a good time. PM me when your done with Basic, and I could scoop ya up and show you around out here.

And if your froggy, do what I did, and work at the place. It helps pay for binge drinking... If your not of age, then dismiss this. But I know a few places here that go by the mantra old enough to serve our country, then your old enough to be served....
i'm 24. lol

Quick Reply: shipping to great lakes monday the 28th