Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software options for changing my tunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Software options for changing my tunes

I've had my car dyno tuned and will be adding n20 and getting it retuned. I think he uses ls1edit. Without purchasing the whole program is there anything that will give me the ability to just store 2 different tunes on my computer that I could upload at the track. I dont need to be able to tune I just am lookin for the ability to swap na tune for n20 tune at the track. If not whats the cheapest/ base model of the program that would allow me to.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can have both if you go dry shot. when the nitrous hits the MAF it will read the increased airflow, you just have to make sure your tuner can adjust for this and add fuel where it needs it and kill some timing in the right spots. On nitrous the pcm will read a different area than when its just NA because it will see so much more air comming in. This is a nice perk for running a dry shot IF your tuner knows his stuff. This gives you a true 2 in 1 tune, all the NA performance you had before and all the safety for nitrous, no compromises really.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a dry shot. Ed Wright out of Tulsa Ok. is my tuner. I'll have to talk to him about it. I'm not for sure he even uses ls1edit. I just heard that somewhere. But since its dry it shouldnt affect my na tune if set up correctly. I probably wont use the spray much but I want it safe and at its full potential when I do. Thanks
Old 04-23-2008, 03:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what OS gets loaded to the PCM for your tune. If it's a stock OS, any tuning package (EFILive, LS1Edit, etc...) should allow you to swap tunes. If your tuner loads a custom OS, you will need a copy of the software he uses in order to download and flash your tunes.