Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Does LS7 Clutch,Flywheel,Pressure Plate come Balanced

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Does LS7 Clutch,Flywheel,Pressure Plate come Balanced

I am about to install my new clutch kit that I purchased from Scoggin-Dickey. It came with the LS7 clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. Before I spend all day installing this I wanted ask all you experts if it comes balanced or do I need to take it to machine shop. I am wanting to get this done today on my only day off so any respones would be appreciated. One other question I seem to have forgotten which bolts hold the bell housing to the engine and which bolts hold the trans to the bellhousing. One set is black the other is silver. If anyone knows or could look at theirs that would be great.

Last edited by BLACKZ1; 04-27-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

the black bolts are for the bell housing to tranny. ive read one thred before where the ls7 clutch deal wasnt balanced but i think you will be alright. the flywheel is balanced if you look at the back of it. but after you bolt up the clutch and pressure plate im not so sure.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:42 PM
9 Second Club

Not sure about the color of the bolts but as far as the balanced question the answer is yes it comes balanced. I just asked Jesse from SDparts the same question yesterday and that was the answer he gave me.

Quick Reply: Does LS7 Clutch,Flywheel,Pressure Plate come Balanced