Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont come on

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont come on

got an 02 TA that wont turn on at all. We replaced the clutch and an O2 line was pinched in the bellhousing. I switched the wires in the PCM from the front O2 wire to the rear position and used the rear wires as my headers only used the two front O2 wires. It ran fine for a couple days. After a few days of babying the new clutch, driving easy on it etc. I went out one morning, hopped in and turned the key. The instrument lights dimmed but no starter activation. The lights stayed dim and eventually died when I turned the key again. Tried jumping it but that didn't help. Took the battery to autozone and it had no charge. They charged it for an hour and tested it and it worked fine. Now I get no instrument lights, noises or anything. Even with a fully charged battery.

With a voltmeter I get a good 12V from the battery itself but I pulled the starter relay and only got 3V from there.

I haven't had a chance to go out and do more with it since I'm not at the place where it is sitting and I dont have much in the way of rides back and forth.

Anyone got some ideas or discussion/things I should look at or try?