Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter / SLP Y-pipe mix and match...what's best?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter / SLP Y-pipe mix and match...what's best?

Ok here's the deal. Just purchased a '99 Z that came with pacesetter headers and pacesetter y-pipe to an exhaust shop special (no cats or muffler). trashing the shop special junk and picked up a new in-box SLP dual/dual that also came with a y-pipe.

My question is what setup will be a better fit:

Option 1 - Pacesetter headers, pacesetter y-pipe, slp exhaust

Option 2 - Pacesetter headers, SLP Y-pipe, SLP exhaust

Just looking for input before I crawl under there and start test fitting...no reason to re-invent the wheel!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Launching!

as far as fitment, i would think the pacesetter would be better... but i'm not positive about that.... BUT i do know the pacesetter Y is a POS when it comes to sound a flow... the merge on it is terrible so it's really raspy... dont recommend getting one
Old 05-08-2008, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

I just installed my Pacesetter LT's and Pacesetter Y, the fitment was great everything went directly into place. As far as flow it didn't seem too bad at the merge. It kindly rolled into one another instead of slamming the exhaust together. With the rasp, I really couldn't tell ya how much rasp it threw in there. I put the longtubes on with an ORY and the LM1 all in one shot. The only difference I could tell is that it is DAMN loud!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Regular

quality wise the SLP is going to be better but good luck getting the pacesetter LT's to align with the SLP Y pipe. We have installed two sets of pacesetter LT's and Y pipe on a 02 camaro and 98 TA. The problems that we ran into were they hit the floor board the Y pipe leaks with the clamps that come in the kit so we installed band clamps and that help alot with the leak. But overall for the price its not a bad set up
Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What makes you think an SLP y pipe will fit Pacesetters?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Use the pacesetter Y