Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling Fans

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cooling Fans

I have a problem with my cooling fans. They dont seem to come on. Its throwing 4 codes for fans saying my relays are bad. I replaced the relays that it said were bad. They still dont come on though, and the codes are still there. My gauge doesnt creep up too much though unless Im sitting in traffic so I try to avoid the situation. My 40A fuse blows the second it touches the terminal, so Im guessing thats a short. Im not too good with electrical things. What do I do?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

something is touching the wire causing to short . just track down the wires and see what you can find .
Old 05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just track down the wires and see what you can find .
i love that answer,,,,ugh

I've been living with P0480 ever since i brought my car home from the original owners house. I have the gearchatter info, i have no diagnstic tools, i have a multimeter which i have no idea how to use in this situation, all wires that i have found (which im guessing are the right ones without looking at a PCM chart) look ok and are connected. My fans turn on and off, although i cannot verify that both fans are working correctly, but does sound like it.

good luck with yours.

and sorry to
Old 05-08-2008, 10:41 PM
12 Second Club

Well see the thing is, my fans dont come on.... what do i do? Ive looked at everything from the fans to the fuse box, but nothing between the fuse box to the PCM because I dont know what wire is what, and I would have no idea where it goes to or how to follow it if I did.