Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e problem/in park but in neutral.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e problem/in park but in neutral.

I replaced my pressure valve In my 98 TA. Get in car no reverse Ok put the techII on it reset the TAP and have all gears. Im driving car shifting like it should. Give it hell grabs second like crazy. Car was pulling good. I get in my parking lot feeling cocky do a burnout. STop then go to put it in revers shifter wont move. So then i get it to go in the park position and its still in drive. Now when its in park its in neutral and reverse is D. Any ideas?

Last edited by 13sechatch; 05-08-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Check your shifter cable for function , Have someone look under car while you move the shifter and see if the moves correspond.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

it only moves so much i disconnected the cable and the shifter on trans still only moves so far. Im not messing with it for a while cause i had it running and it went in gear with me under the car and the car ran over my left side. Was in hospital for 5 hours getting xrays and scans.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 13sechatch
it only moves so much i disconnected the cable and the shifter on trans still only moves so far. Im not messing with it for a while cause i had it running and it went in gear with me under the car and the car ran over my left side. Was in hospital for 5 hours getting xrays and scans.
Dam Ouch You are lucky you could have been hurt much worse. I have known of people killed in similar situations. Always have someone in the car. But anyway glad your ok but sounds like maybe a bolt or something has come loose in the valve body and jammed the manual valve. Hope you get feeling better soon and please be careful anytime your working around a car. I have see way to many accidents over the years.Some unfortunately very serious.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

hey man i had the same problem with mine. the nut on the inside of the shifter mechanism might be loose. mine was loose and i didnt have park either. i tightened that nut and then adjusted my shift cable and its good now.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Im going to have someone at my work fix it im in no shape to do so now.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

Ok now that i can think about it. Before the car ran me over i had got under and check the function of the cable. Cable is fine but the shifter itself will no go into park or reverse even if i take the cable off. And now wont go in any gear unless i get under car and make it go in gear.