PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do I get tuned?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I get tuned?????

I put a new throttle body on my other wise stock ls1 (have to find out but I think its and 85mm SLP, might be and 80) It's installed but now the car idles higher and the check engine light came on???
Any help??
Also, I keep hear about tuners and getting my car tuned. I live in Northern Michigan and don't even know what to ask to call and find out if someone can do this for me, or do I need to buy a tuner.
This is my first computer controlled car, my last car was a 70 camino, needless to say the electronics are slightly different.
Any suggestions so I can get my car tuned???
Old 05-10-2008, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

tb only, you shouldn't need a tune. go to auto zone and get your codes read for free.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:15 PM

Thanks for info, goin out the door now, Would you recommend getting a tuner or paying someone to do it though? I would like to get a little more out of ole blue until I can save up for the right LS6 intake and headers.
This is my first LS1, my last hot rod had a 454 and a holley 800 double pumper with a distributor, no computer (see my dilema)
Went to Autozone and they read the code (thanks for the info!!!!)
The code came back as the car was idleing to high! (See even the car agrees with my hearing that it is to high to our liking.) I found a stop just under the arm where the cabel attaches and I will try turning it down to see if it will bring the idle back down to earth. (it's only maybe 250 higher, but it drives me and apparently the car nuts!!!!
Thanks for the tip

Last edited by hullkinghitman; 05-11-2008 at 11:56 PM.