Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misfire Broke something.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Misfire Broke something.

This past friday I went to the 1/4 mile and ran the car hard had alot of fun with it, It ran some great times. On my last pass I noticed something was different, but I ran it anyway. When I was pulling off the track the SES light started blinking. I didn't know what was going on, the car was just running a little rougher, I parked it started it back up and it was idling just fine just a little bit rougher I could feel a clear vibration in the car now. So I ended up just driving it home SES light was still flashing. I didn't want to call a tow truck at 2 in the morning and pay an outstanding bill. The car is driving OK with more vibration then normal. The SES light flashes the whole way home. They motor feels as if one or two cylinders are not there. I have not driving it since I got the car home or looked at it. I am hoping that I didn't do to much damage to the motor if any at all. There is no abnormal ticking or anything wierd except the slugish feel. I am hoping that its something with the spark plugs, wires, or coils. I am going to pull the valve covers off tomorow and look everything over I really hope it isn't anything big. My car is tuned and runs very well for just h/c. What do you recomend that I do any help would be apreciated.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Retrospectively don't drive it with the SES flashing without checking it out. Could be a simple plug wire issue. Check all the wiring, check the oil and coolant for contamination, pull the plugs to see which are not firing, try to isolate which cylinders are not firing.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chances are you had some detonation that blew off a plug tip - have seen that happen more than a few times.

Bird