PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOS!!!Car won't start after a4 to m6 swap. Got no spark at the motor. SOS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOS!!!Car won't start after a4 to m6 swap. Got no spark at the motor. SOS!!!

Hey fellas. So after finally finishing the a4 to m6 swap on the car this morning, the car will not start..

We have no spark at the plugs is the problem. Now what is the casue I don't know. Any help guys would be appreciated. I a house call scheduled for tomorrow with scanning and programming tools and hopefully that remedies it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have checked both the crank and cam position sensors and both look to be ok, no damaged wires.

Only wiring changes done were the ones in the write up mostley in the shifter console.

All grounds have been checked and rechecked. No pinched wires or unhooked clips that I can find. Battery has decent charge 11.74. Discuss
Old 05-12-2008, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So it's turning over, just won't fire?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Teching In

correct
Old 05-12-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check to see if you have power to the pink wires in your harness when the key is on?
Old 05-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wait4me
Did you check to see if you have power to the pink wires in your harness when the key is on?
On the list of things to check tonight.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Ok lil update. Tested the ignition and ground wires on both the coil pack plugs and the individual coil packs. Everything read as it was suppose to with the key on and also during cranking. I know there is a reference wire on the individual coils that tells it to fire so my guess is that it is not getting that commandd from the pcm...just guessing here guys so correct me if I am wrong please. So with this new info I ask again what could cause this? What would keep the pcm from sending that signal? I have a laptop and software coming today to check to see if I have rpm while cranking. I will update after we give it a shot. Any other input?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Teching In

Ok got the intake pulled and sure enough, 2.5 of the wires for the cps were caught at the very top of the bellhousing...grrr! Got it all soldered back together and intake back on and she fired! now I have some short that when the door shuts and turns the cab lights off and I turn the headlights on I loose the gauge cluster, not the back lights but everything else odometer trip counter...and so on. Also once this happens if i puch the clutch down i here this cracklin unedr the car over onthe passenger side. Not sure if it is related to the A4 harness maybe a couple wires touchin? jeez it will never end