PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0327 Knock Sensor Low Voltage... help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P0327 Knock Sensor Low Voltage... help!

ok.. a few weeks ago I started setting an SES for this code.. figured I must have pinched the wires for the knock sensors between the intake and the head when I reassembled...

So last saturday I pull the intake off, replace the knock sensors with 2 brand new ones and check the wire... it was layed out perfect and wasn't crushed!

So today is the first time I've driven it since last saturday, driving to work and the SES lights goes off again! same thing!

Any suggestions on where to look? I traced it as far as the first connector for the knock sensors and it all seemed fine (by the brake booster)...

Thing that sux is when this code is set, the car sees 4* of KR constant at WOT, tosses me into the low octane tables, and retards timing... but I don't want to disable my knock sensors with edit in case there is a legitimate problem! (unless I can get some 100 octane)

Also, the SES seemed to only start coming on after I did an LS1 Edit tune (i'll try writing w/stock settings)... so not sure if there's a bug in LS1 Edit at all that can cause the PCM to think there's a knock system issue...

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks
Old 08-07-2003, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: P0327 Knock Sensor Low Voltage... help!

FYI-When I replaced my knock sensors, I replaced the wiring harness as well. The old harness looked really bad from the heat, almost burnt.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's true. I've gotten the code myself on my new solid roller motor.

I have brand new GM knock sensors, with a brand new GM knock sensor harness, and all knock retard is disabled in my PCM. I still got the code within 300 miles.

I've talked to others who have this problem. I "ignored it", reset it, and it went away.

-Andrew
Old 08-29-2003, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

horist, do you get a P0153 code with the P0327?
Old 08-29-2003, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

horist, do you get a P0153 code with the P0327?
I had been getting that code but it was due to one of my O2 sensors being fouled out (carboned over)... I replaced the O2 sensor and now it seems fine... just setting P0327 codes...
Old 08-29-2003, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

FWIW i think i've isolated my issue as PCM related... put my spare PCM in (no tuning) and it worked fine... was getting full (well down a few degrees but it's stock) timing, no P0327, no 4* KR...

Put my other PCM in that i've programmed w/LS1 Edit (restored to bone stock program using both the version of LS1 edit I read it orginaly with then a newer version later)... cleared DTCs... within 2 blocks give it WOT and bam 4* KR

I didn't have time to pull the intake today, so hopefully I'll have time to pull it sunday during the day... I'll recheck the wiring... ordered a new KR harness just in case (i'll try swapping the knock sensors too and doing the GM TSB thing)

sometimes I really really hate cars....
Old 08-29-2003, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

How do the PCMs get damaged from LS1Edit that they throw these codes?
Old 08-29-2003, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

not sure... I'm not 100% sure it's PCM... I haven't done the voltage and ohm testing yet on the knock wires... but if I put my programmed PCM (even w/stock tune) in, i can clear it but within a few blocks the code comes back and i get 4* KR... but w/this 2nd PCM no probs... I'm going to have a GM Dealership reflash my problematic PCM tuesday to see if it helps
Old 08-18-2004, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

I know this thread is old. But I had been getting P0153 and P0327 as well. I replaced the o2 sensor and now I only get P0327 (my SES light doesnt come on though).

Is there some sort of relation with the 2 codes?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

shouldn't be any relation... they're on different circuits I believe ... can you scan the car ? if the PCM is detecting the Knock Sensor is bad it'll pull 4* constant timing (knock retard) and you'll be dropped to the low octane timing tables
Old 08-19-2004, 04:09 AM
TECH Addict

Mike, I had the same situation a while back. It turned out that the KS pin on my pcm was fried. Look at a schematic of the KS pins and find the one that corresponds to the KS that is throwing the code. I forgot the number of the pin, but I could look it up for you if you don't have manuals. My pin was so disintegrated it broke right off when I touched it with a sharp point. This would definitely explain why you don't have a problem with the 2nd pcm.

BTW, if you're only throwing the one code (327), that pretty much eliminates the wire as a culprit. This problem has nothing to do with LS1 Edit.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

The problem in my case ended up being that in the process of doing my heads/cam I converted to the LS6 PCV setup which required replacing the lifter valley cover... well when I put the new cover on I pinched 1 wire for the front knock sensor thus grounding it out and causing hte PCM to give 4* constant timing.

I had purchased a new wiring harness from GM and put it in, reassembled everything and problem went away... now I'm on a totally different motor so it's all null and void hehe
Old 08-19-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

That would explain it. It's tough to imagine that someone would pinch just the one KS wire, , but I'll have to add that to my list of things that can go wrong.

Thanks for following up.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:49 AM
On The Tree

Any updates on this problem?
Old 02-19-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ATTI2D
Any updates on this problem?

The problem in my case ended up being that in the process of doing my heads/cam I converted to the LS6 PCV setup which required replacing the lifter valley cover... well when I put the new cover on I pinched 1 wire for the front knock sensor thus grounding it out and causing hte PCM to give 4* constant timing.

I had purchased a new wiring harness from GM and put it in, reassembled everything and problem went away... now I'm on a totally different motor so it's all null and void hehe

I had a pinched wire
Old 02-19-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

I had a pinched wire, too.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Hope thats all thats wrong. I already replaced the rear sensor and checked the harness then..Guess Ill pull the intake tonight and check it again..27 bucks for a harness isnt bad

Quick Reply: P0327 Knock Sensor Low Voltage... help!