Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning question

The previous owner of my '02 SS dyno tuned the car before adding long tubes. At the time of the tune it had a lid and a GMMG exhaust. He said it is a small tune. It was dynoed at 331 rwhp before headers. Now it has Long Tubes and an ORY. I am going to take it to get the cats tuned out, but I was wondering if putting headers on after a small tune would in any way negate the tune or have any positive or negative effects. I'm just curious to hear some of your thoughts.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm surprised someone got a dyno tune with just a lid and c/b. Dyno tunes are not cheap at all and those mods definitely don't need a tune. After the LT's and ORY you're not going to see negative effects at all. As always, if you get it tuned again it's going to pick up more power but that's the case after almost any mod.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car runs great I guess I am just worried about it running rich or lean. Seems to get great gas mileage though. I just don't have the money to get a dyno tune.