User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Thread names??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thread names??

Why aren't we able to change the names of our threads, specifically in the for sale section? I have had multiple for sale ads because I have stuff that comes up for sale at different times. Now it is hard to ad a rear to a tranny for sale ad because anyone looking for a rear will not look in a for sale ad for a tranny, right? But if I could change the name to lsx parts or tranny and rear for sale, then this would solve the multiple ad problem.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't. PM one of the mods in that section and ask them to change. There is a reason, but I don't agree with it. Something about making it hard for people to find the thread after they have been to it.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I know you can't, but it would be less of a hassle if you could. Yeah but if the people post to the thread then it will be under their subscribed threads right? I know I ran into a situation just yesterday that would have caused alot less trouble had I been able to change the name myself.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Thread hasn't gone unnoticed, moderators are considering options to help postings.

Members won't be able to change the title by default of vbulletin without being able to change other things as well so that probably won't happen.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay. I understand that. I knew there had to be some reason why it was not possible because it just made too much sense having the ability to change it. It was just a suggestion. Thanks

Quick Reply: Thread names??